Discover local gastronomy
Our trip starts with a visit at a honeybee garden.
We have an “in situ” presentation of the beehive and the special handling of the bees (protective equipment provided). Taste organic thyme honey and pollen, and enjoy the most healthy brunch; local herb tea with honey, sesame bar with honey, rakomelo (honey based alcohol shot) and season fruit.
Our next stop is at a local Winery.
We have a tour around the facilities, learn interesting things about the charming process of winemaking, taste authentic wines and savour a local snack.
The personalized nature of the tour allowed us to really experience the culture of Crete in a way we never expected. Although we were visitors, we never felt like tourists.
We enjoy our locavore lunch in the yard of an authentic Cretan house.
We taste dishes made of pure traditional products and recipes based on the Cretan nutrition, fresh seasonal salads and local wine. Feel the hospitality and taste the difference of real food prepared just for you.
Price per person: €95
- 2 English/Spanish speaking guides
- Authentic Cretan lunch with wine
- All snacks and drinks
Available every Wednesday and Saturday
* Persons per group: 4-7 adults
* Vegetarian meal on request
* We recommend to wear or have with you long pants and socks with closed shoes for the honey bee garden visit.The upper body protection will be given by us.
* Cruise-friendly tour
(This activity is ideal for those who are cruising)
* The tour is also available on a private basis. Please contact us for prices and more information.