Be a part of an alternative tour (approximately 3 hours), discover the core of the multicultural character of the town and explore its authentic culinary scene!
Walk with us into Chania’s old town and see its five millennia of history and prehistory unravel before your eyes.
Minoan neighbourhoods, Hellenistic walls, bombarded Ottoman bathhouses, Latin inscriptions, a church with the symbols of two religions, imposing Venetian bastions, boot-makers shops, knife-makers shops, underground cisterns, a Venetian harbour and an African village are just a part of the multicultural mosaic of the town’s past.
Keeping a safe distance from “must-sees” and “must-listens” of the town we will explore the cultural identity of Chania by learning stories (as well as some ‘hidden’ ones) about its people and its buildings, while experiencing it through the walk inside its colourful alleys that are often filled with the delicious smells of food, neighbourhoods’ sounds and music.
Price per person: 39 €
- English/Italian speaking PhD archaeologist and licensed tour guide
- All entry fees
Available everyday (except Saturday & Sunday)
* Persons per group: min 2 – max 10 adults
* Tour duration: approximately 3 hours
* Morning tour starts: at 10:00
* Evening tour starts: at 18:00
* Meeting point: please contact us
– 50% discount for kids up to 12 years old
– Special prices for bigger groups, schools & universities. Please contact us for more info.