Gastronomy & Hike Experience
Far away from the tourist crowds, the remote area of Sfakia offers the chance of unique travel experiences.
We drive till the end of the road, through the wild southern beauty, to reach the last village of the region. No more than 15 people live here…
We start the hike at the altitude of 650 meters. We found ourselves in the heart of a unique pine forest walking on ancient local paths.
We have the option to choose between (1, 2 or 3 hours) easy footpaths which lead us to some of the most beautiful natural “balconies” of Southern Crete capturing the breathtaking view of the Libyan sea.
It’s time for our homemade outdoor lunch, prepared 100% with fresh, seasonal and organic products from our garden and local producers. Our chef is with us to introduce and explain the “secrets” of the unique Cretan gastronomy world.
We relax and enjoy the view with a glass of well chilled Cretan rosé or white bottled wine.
After a short walk we return to the village and start our return drive to Chania.
On the way back we make an (optional) stop for a refreshing swim in the crystal clear waters of
the Libyan sea.
Price per person: 95 €
- 2 English / Spanish speaking guides
- Outdoor lunch prepared by Natour Lab
- Bottled Cretan wine
Available upon request
* Persons per group: 4-7 adults
* Depart from Chania at 08:00 / Return to Chania at 17:00
* The hike requires a minimum of walking experience
* The tour is also available on a private basis. Please contact us for prices and more information.